Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Climbing São Jeronimo 6.30.08

    Yesterday was awesome. We got up around 6a.m. and left to climb São Jeronimo. It is the highest point in the state of Monte Grosso. It was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. It was harder than any cross country or basketball workout that I have ever done. We hiked up the side of two other mountains just to get to the foot of São Jeronimo. It took us 2 hours of hiking just to get to the mountain. The hike up to the mountain was the hardest. It was harder than actually climbing the mountain. It didn´t help that it was really hot out. Climbing the mountain wasn´t really hard but it was just about the scariest thing I have ever done. Before we started the climb, Jr. looked at Nienke and me and told us to be very careful with every decision we make from here on out, because if we weren´t careful it would be the last decision we ever made. That statement was very true. It took us about an hour to climb this mountain. There were many times where I was less than one foot from the edge and having to walk or climb the rocks. We were very careful though and made it just fine. Once we got to the top it was flat and absolutely amazing. One of the best views I have ever scene. Pictures just don´t capture the beauty of it, but I took pictures so at least you will have an idea. We spent some time up there just enjoying it all. The climb down was a bit more tricky, but it was all part of the thrill and adrenaline rush. We finally got back to the truck after about 6 hours. We were exhausted. We found a swimming hole on the way back and cooled off and found a few things to jump off. The day was one of the coolest days of my life. God showed me the beauty of his creation like never before. God is changing my life here and I am very thankful for it. Please live life day by day and not worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow is tomorrow and always will be tomorrow, but today is today and today is the only day that you live in. Be thankful every morning that you wake up that you get to have another day to serve the Lord and Saviour of the universe. If you live life like that, you will have the greatest life you could ever imagine. I have never had more fun in my life than I am having right now. I love and miss everyone! Please keep praying for me!





Me on top of Sao Jeronimo

Nienke and me

A picture from on the side of the mountain of the climb up

Another picture from the side of the mountain

One of my favorite views


Me at the foot of the mountain before we started up it



Jr. and me at the top



Having some fun with the Toyota

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous..thanks for sharing and keep the updates coming! Love and miss ya...sis