Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Triumphal Reminder

Today was a good day. We got a lot of work done. Today I spent about 3 hours on top of a roof all by myself taking apart the elctrical system in two houses. It gave me a lot of time to think. I started thinking about home. I missed it a little more than I did before. I know that this is where I am supposed to be but I still can´t help to miss home. I thought particuarly home much I miss my family, my mom and dad. How thankful I am for them and all they have done for me in the past 19 years. Especially lately! How much they have supported me leaving home. Thank you mom and dad. I love yall so much. I sat down to read my Bible tonight like I usually do. I´m reading through Matthew right now. I got to Matthew 19 where it is talking about the rich young man. He is asking Jesus what must he do to gain eternal life. Jesus tells him to sell his things, give to the poor, and then follow Him. The man leaves sad, because he had great wealth. Of course Peter is the first to speak up on the matter, he usually is. "We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?" A selfish question if you ask me, but I´m glad he asked it. Jesus´s answer is the reminder that I needed to help me push on here in Brasil. Verse 28 says this, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Verse 29 is the triumphal reminder to me. "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sister or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." This verse turned my grin upside down. It was a reminder from Jesus that He is with me and that He has His hand on everything. That He is the ruler of my life and my life is all about ridding myself of the world and following Him at all costs. I also read a note by George Siler on Facebook earlier and it was about student missions. He was encouraging the Church to be more mission minded with students. Be more worried about the number of youth and college student we are sending out then the number that are coming to our hour services. I´m proud to say that that is exactly what Ryan Johnston and the other pastors at Faith are doing with our college students. I give glory to God for that. I´m thankful for my church and college ministry for encouraging, equipping, and challenging me to GO. So I do the same to all you college students at Faith Baptist Church. Give up a spring break or summer to missions. Better yet give your entire life to missions. Jesus promises you a hundred fold of what you give up in rewards in Heaven. That is one darn good trade off. I miss all of you in the college ministry. I am praying for you and thank you for praying for me. Your prayers and reminders of encouragement mean the world to me. Thank you.

I miss my family the most! Don´t worry mom! Love you!

Until He Returns!

1 comment:

Jennifer Winfield said...

I'm Praying for you! Thanks for your encouragement even while you are in Brazil.