Friday, July 25, 2008

In Cuiabá for the Day

Hello to all! I am back to civilization. Just kidding. I got up at 5 this morning to catch the two and half hour bus ride back to Cuiabá in order to go to the doctor. My foot is doing great. He removed the stitches and jiggled that toe every direction it could go with little pain. I am walking with hardly any limp at all. God is good. The doctor said I have to wait two weeks to play basketball. Good thing God didn´t tell me that or I would feel guilty for disobeying him. Seeing that I have a basketball clinic next Friday, I plan on playing some basketball. Satan couldn´t keep that from happening so neither is this doctor. I will be careful Mom! I can see you giving me that look all the way from America right now. My foot really is doing great and I am blessed because of that.
The last two days have been quite uneventual. I moved to the village on Tuesday and that is about all I have done since. Wednesday consisted of not seeing a single human being all day long. There was a lot of reading and listening to my ipod. Then I read some more, then I slept, then I read some more. That was about it. Thursday was a little better. I read, then cleaned the house, which took a while. My mind was a little more focused on God and not on my new surrounding. That made the day much quicker and definitely more enjoyable. Last night I built up the courage to go and watch some guys playing soccer down the hill from my house. I figured the only way I will make friends is to just be bold and introduce myself to people. That´s already hard enough, but to make it harder, try introducing yourself when you don´t know how to introduce yourself in their language. You can see why I was a little nervous. It wasn´t so bad at all. Eventually a man that I know from the church came and played. It was nice seeing someone I knew. I watched these guys play soccer for about an hour and half. It was the most excitement I had had in 3 days. One thing I did notice is that shoes are not allowed while playing. When I saw this I just began to laugh. They play on a sand field so you are not allowed to wear shoes. Sand soccer is really popular here. They even have a professional league. I´m not sure if I will ever be able to play any sport without shoes again. It just might not be worth the risk. But if I can make myself believe that it would enhance my ministry, then it will definitely be worth it.
Please continue to pray for me. Pray specifically for my foot, the basketball clinic on Aug. 1, and for me to make some serious connection with the people in which God has called me to serve. Thankyou for the prayers and encouragement. Love and miss everyone.

His Disciple.

p.s. College students please email me and tell me all about Kosovo. I would love to hear. My email is posted on the side of this site

No comments: