Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Three Months

Today I went to the Federal Police to try to get my visa extended for an additional three months. God went ahead of us because we had no problems. In fact the man that was helping us didn´t buy that I am staying here for 6 months only as a tourist. He asked if I was here helping a church. I told him yes and things only got easier. He was curious to what type of mission work I was doing. He even went as far as to give me advice on how I can get a missionary visa eventually in the future that would allow me to stay for a year and then get the visa renewed every year. He was very helpful. On top of that, this guy was a cyclist. He had the cycling t-shirt on, the training watch, the asics running shoes (which is rare here, so I new he had to be a runner), and the cycling water bottle on his desk and the water bottle had grease on it so it meant that that bottle had seen a bike or two. It was definitely a God thing that he was the one that was there when we went. I´m excited about the next three months here in Brazil. I have no clue what they are going to consist of, but the first three months were very eventful (check in the next day or so for a blog were I will reflect on my first 3 months here in Brazil), and I expect the same out the second three months. I will stay out of the hospital this half though. God and I have already had a serious chat about that! I will be heading back to the village this weekend and I will finally get back to my normal routine. I ask that you would pray for my next three months that God would bless the work that my hands do. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement. They have been a lifesaver for sure.

No comments: