Thursday, August 21, 2008

I´m Back!

It has been a long time since I have been able to write home. I have been through quite a bit and I´m hopefully at the end of the tragedy. My foot is doing so much better. There is no swelling and no sign of infection. I am going back to the doctor tomorrow just for a check up. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I want to thank my sister Amanda for keeping my blog updated on everything that has been going on. Because of her post you have been able to pray specifically for my foot. I thank you also for prayers and for words of encouragement. They were greatly needed. The problems with my foot has slowed my plans down a little, but hasn´t slowed God´s plans down one bit. I am thankful for that. As much as my foot has been attacked through all of this, my spirits have been under worse attack. It is hard to go through something like this being so far away from my family. It is something that God has put me through to only strengthen my faith. He is teaching me things that aren´t exactly fun to learn. Things like patience and discipline in certain areas. He is teaching me to rely on Him through all things. I sadly admit that my reliance on God through all of this has been pretty poor. There were times were I was wanting to abandon my mission here and just go home to be with my family. It seemed like the easy thing to do and no one would blame me for coming home. I have thought of every excuse to go home because going home was the easy thing to do. And it was the thing that satan wanted me to do. He wanted me to abandon my ministry and go home to the comfort of my family and home. I refuse to let him win. No matter what. I have committed my life to this and satan will not get in my way. There is one more thing that he can do to send me home, and that is to get my visa extension denied. I go to the federal building on Monday or Tuesday to get my passport stamped for my additional 90 days here in Brasil. Now there are chances that they will deny this but I have faith that that won´t happen. I put it totally in God´s hands and pray that His will be done in this situation. I am also asking for your prayers on this matter also. Pray that God will continue to assure me that I am where I am supposed to be and for Him to continue to make His presence known in my life and the lives of those around me. Thank you again for everything. I´ll try to write again soon.

Serving Him no matter the cost.

1 comment:

stephen shelton said...

Dude, you're awesome. So glad to hear that you're doing so well so soon after the surgery! Praying for you!