Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dejavu!

I did it again. I was playing soccer barefoot and the next thing I knew I was screaming in pain. I looked down and my foot was bleeding really bad. I had reinjured my foot. I got in a car and made the 2 hour drive to the hospital here in Cuiabá. Many of you know what happened after that. I wrote about it about a month ago. I was placed in the same room in the hospital as last time. X-rays, stitches, etc. This time the injury was a little worse. I go back to the hospital on Monday to talk surgery with the doctor. I´m not too fond of this idea. The surgery will consist of taking a metal wire and pushing it through all 3 bones in my toe right through the middle. He will insert the wire at the tip of my toe right under the toe nail. Ouch. He says I won´t feel a thing, but he said that right before he popped my bone back in place and I felt every bit of it. My foot is infected and swollen and the doctor said that if the infection doesn´t go away with the anitbiotics then I will have no choice but to do the surgery. If the swelling goes down then I can choose whether or not to do the surgery. If I have the option I´m turning it down. The surgery will put my off my feet four a month and that is too long. I have limited time here in Brasil and I don´t want to waste it by sitting on my tushy. I need prayers for strength and healing. My body is being attacked but my spirits is only growing stronger. God is at work here and I´ll go through any type of struggles to be able to be apart of the work hat is being done here. My foot is being propped up on the desk as I am typing and it hurts in this position so I am going to go and I will write more later. Please pray for me and the my mission here in Brasil!

His servant.

No comments: