Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Day Before the Evangelism Team Arrives 6.12.08

First of all I want to start by wishing my parents a happy anniversary. I know the day ends in an less than 5 minutes but this has been my first opportunity to write on my blog in a couple of days. Today is also Valentine´s day here in Brazil. So they get the cool privilege of having a Valentine´s day and an anniversary all in the same day. I love them very much and thankful that God put me with them too. They are my heroes. They always support me in my decision making to follow Christ whether they think it is the best thing at the time for me. I thank them for that because I surrendered my entire life to Christ and will follow him wherever he leads me. Right now that is Brazil. I´m not sure where that will be tomorrow, that is why I live for today and live everyday that God gives me to the fullest.
Tonight I went with Carlos over to Ricardo´s apartment for a cook out. We grilled meat as if all the meat in the world was being taken away. We grilled it Brazilian style. We hung the meat over the fire and slowly cooked it for about an hour. It was some of the juciest steak I have ever eaten. The meat tastest just like it came off a grill at Texas de Brazil. The best part about it is that I now know how to make this steak. It is super easy. Ricardo and I got a chance to talk for a while. I friendship is growing and every time we hang out he becomes more and more interested into this Christianity thing. I told him that more Americans were coming tomorrow for evangelism and he said he wanted to meet them. So tomorrow night I am going to take him with me to the hotel to meet everyone. I ask that all of you would pray that God would open his heart allowing him to see the Sovereignty to Christ. Pray for his salvation. After tomorrow we are headed to the village till the 28th of June. I won´t have internet there so this might be the last time I get a chance to post till the end of June. So if I don´t post just know that it is because I don´t have internet access. I pray that God will continue to teach and show you things throughout the summer. Slow down enough to make sure you can hear everything he is trying to teach you. So often we find ourselves always in a hurry and wonder why God isn´t speaking to us. The problem isn´t that God isn´t speaking, the problem is that we aren´t listening. So take a day or two and just hang out with God and rest in presence. I love you all and miss you a lot. I miss my family the most and love them with all my heart. I want to make a shout out to Big Al. Sorry I haven´t called you yet, but I want you to know that I miss you and love you with all my heart. You need to come back to Brazil and visit me. I´ll teach you some Portuguese and we can go on a double date together. Just kidding. But seriously. I love you and tell everyone in the college group that I said hey.

Until He returns!

No comments: