Friday, May 30, 2008

Amor del Nino 5.29.08

     Yesterday was probably the most laid back day of the week.  I went back to Amor del Nino (the orphanage).  We got there and there wasn't much to do.  The kids were in school so we couldn't play with them until they got of school around 1.  Steve (the man that runs and owns the orphanage) got us connected with this single mom of 6 who lives on somebody's front porch.  He asked if we would be willing to build her a house.  So we went and looked at the house she lives at now and where we were going to build.  The supplies to build her house weren't delivered yet so the only thing we could do was level the small 8 x 18 foot piece of land that we were planning on building on.  After we did that we went back to the orphanage and the kids were out of school at this time.  I spent about 30 minutes jumping on the trampoline with some of them.  I spent about 45 minutes hanging out and talking to Hannah (the little girl in the wheelchair in my first Amor del Nino blog).  She is so funny.  She took 48 pictures while I sat there and talked.  Blair gave her her camera so I posed for her.  She thought it was the funniest thing.  
     Finally my favorite little boy Danny (the one that made me cry for so long because he didn't want me to leave) came outside to play.  He had been sick so he had been in bed most of the afternoon.  As soon as I saw him I jumped up to go get him.  I held him the rest of the afternoon until we had to go.  This time when I left him he screamed.  He didn't just cry, he screamed.  It was worse than the time before.  Thankfully, this time there was someone else to pick him up.  I love that boy so much.  I would hold him forever if I could.  

No comments: