Monday, May 12, 2008

Dwight Moody quote

Dwight Moody once said, "It remains to be seen what God will do with a man who is fully consecrated to Him. I aim to be that man." This quote was introduced to me by a huge mentor in my life Ryan Johnston. Ryan is my boss, college pastor, and close friend. Ryan, with this quote, has challenged me time and time again to make this my quote. To take this quote and make it my desire. To become a man that will do anything for Christ, no matter what. A man that gives every breathe that he has to honor, worship, and give glory to Jesus Christ. I make this my prayer. I give everything to him. If it doesn't give honor and glory to Him, then it is utterly worthless. Phil. 3 states that everything is rubbish apart from the glory of God. I aim to be a man that is fully consecrated to him, no matter what. That means that he controls all relationships, actions, habits, desires, needs, and future. I give him my family, future family (if He desires to give me one), and my physical life. I give him my body to do as he pleases. I beg him to use me, a man desiring to give everything to him to impact this world for his Kingdom. I pray that this summer he will allow me to simply love on others and find Jesus in every eye that I look into. Loving others is easy if you find Christ in every person that you come into contact with. This summer I challenge everyone to devote their entire life, every breathe to give glory, honor, and expansion to the kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The only contradiction with the beginning quote is this; we have seen what God will do with a man that has fully given himself to God. One man did and he changed the world as we know it. We can never do what Christ has done, but that doesn't stop me from trying because I have Christ within me and all things are possible through Christ Jesus our Lord. So take up your cross and follow Christ wholly and completely and with all your might. He is worth it. He showed us that we were!

No comments: