Sunday, May 25, 2008

We are in Guatemala

I lived up to my blog theme this morning when I rolled out of bed at 2:30a.m. to head to the airport. We flew out of Memphis at 6a.m. to Atlanta and eventually to Guatemala City. We got here in Guatemala around noon. Then we rode in 4 vans for a little more than an hour to our current location Chimaltenango. Traveling was very smooth and we had no problems with security or customs once we got into Guatemala City. We are all exhausted and are just relaxing waiting for the lovely ladies to finish dinner. The view from the mission house is unbelievable and the view alone will make you put your faith in Jesus. I want to thank you all of you who have prayed, are praying, and will pray for me this summer. Thanks to all of you who financial supported me this summer. I will do my best to keep you updated on how I am doing. I want to challenge and remind everyone that Christ is sovereign and rules over everything, so serve him with all your might and strength. Love people the way Christ loves us.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey keep posting...would love to know how things are going while you are there. we are praying for you and love you.

Graham Inman said...

hey man! Glad to hear you guys are safe and secure down there. From what I have read, you are having/going to have the time of your life! Praying for you man! You're my hero! Keep us posted! Philippians 1:3