Thursday, May 29, 2008

la familia de dios 5.28.08

Yesterday I went to la familia de dios. There I cut wood to build shelves. In the morning it was kind of slow moving. There wasn't a lot to do so I felt like I probably should be doing something right now but there wasn't nothing really to be doing. Some of the ladies at la familia de dios (local church pastored by American Ron Carruthers) made us lunch. I was very skeptical about eating the meat. I know that I have to leave for Brazil on Tuesday and I didn't want to take a chance at eating the meat and then getting sick. I finally gave in and ate the country fried steak. It was amazing. After lunch we headed to a local community center which was no bigger than a class room in the states. We had 200 kids show up plus probably 50 adults. They were out the door and around the corner. It was crazy but a lot of fun. The kids loved it and all were asking about when church was. Pray that they will come. In the area we went to to do the VBS, poverty is stricken for many reasons. One of the main reasons is because of gang violence. So for families and kids to go to church isn't the easiest thing. So keep them in your prayers.
Please pray for the group. Pray for strength and endurance throughout the week. The stomach virus has officially hit this group. Tiffany Parrish and Mollie McKay both aren't feeling well at all. Pray for them. Pray for me because those are the two that I have been hanging out with all week. I do not want to get sick before I go to Brazil. Thank you. I'm looking forward to coming home and seeing many of you.

No comments: