Thursday, May 8, 2008

Almost Summer

I am almost done with AP tests! Government Exam was on Monday and I am very confident about that test. I took the Calculus AB Exam yesterday and most likely did not pass it. It was the hardest test that I have ever looked at. I have Psychology Exam on Tuesday and then I am done. So please pray for me and that I would simply remember the information that I have studied and concentration during the test. Also on Tuesday I registered for classes at Memphis and I have really excited about that and looking forward to it. I declared a major of Sports and Leisure Management.
For those of you who do not know about my plans for this summer I am going to Brazil all summer long. I graduate from high school on May 24 (booyah), and then leaving for Guatemala on the 25th. There is a team of about 45 that I will be going with. We will be there for a week and will get back on June 1. In Guatemala we will build houses, lead VBS at a local school, and work in the orphanage near by. We will serve the community and simply loving on people.
I will leave for Cuiaba, Brazil on June 3 and will be there until June 28. There I will be working with the local church as an intern. Throughout the month there will be short term mission teams that will join me from Faith. I will help prepare the teams and then do follow up after they leave. On June 28, I will fly to Manaus with Barry Lane ("Bear") and David Beigle. There we will spend the majority of our time on a boat going up and down the Amazon from tribe to tribe spreading the Gospel. I am really looking forward to this.
I will get back in the states Aug. 10 where we will stay the night in Miami and then fly back in Memphis on the 11th. I am begging everyone to pray for me, the team, and all the people that we will meet on these trips. Please also pray that God will provide the money to cover the costs of these trips. I'm still a bit away from covering the trip costs. I will do my best to keep you all updated on my summer and how Christ is rocking my world! God Bless!

No comments: